How Are You Getting Your 5 A Day?
Here are some simple ways to help you get your 5-a-day:
- At breakfast, add fruit such as berries or banana to porridge or greek yoghurt. A fruit smoothie is also a great start to the day packed full of vitamins and goodness (and you can even sneak in some spinach too!)
- At break time choose a portion of fresh fruit, dried fruit or raw vegetables for that energy boost. Try something new.
- If you have a packed lunch, ask your parents to add some salad in your sandwiches, it gives it some crunch and some brilliant nutrients. If you are having pasta add mushrooms, sweetcorn etc.
- If you have lunch at school, choose some vegetables and/or fruit each day. Make it a habit.
- Canned fruit and veg count too. Make sure you choose fruit canned in juice rather than sugary syrup, and veg canned in water without added salt or sugar.
- Add fruit and veg to your favourite meals. Try adding carrots to pasta sauces, sprinkle chopped peppers on your pasta, or mix veg such as peas and sweetcorn into mashed potato to make it even tastier.
- Add tomatoes, courgettes, pineapple, carrots or mushrooms to your omelette or pizza.
- When you grate cheese on jacket potatoes also grate some fresh raw carrot as well. Lovely.
- Sticks of cucumber, peppers and carrot, broccoli, baby sweetcorn are delicious with dips such as salsa or humus.
- Freeze a banana, then dip it into a yoghurt. The yoghurt will cling to the banana and create a healthy ice lolly.
Fresh fruit is best for you but tinned canned, frozen and dried are also packed full of vitamins and nutrients. How are you getting your five today?
A-life is a leading provider of:
- Healthy Workshops
- Fun Fitness
- Alcohol & Drug Awareness
- Staff PE Training
We bring the primary curriculum to life with hands-on activities that are accessible for all ages and abilities and have been carefully designed to meet many objectives in the Science, PE and PSHE curriculum. With 12 years’ experience and expert coaches, we receive outstanding feedback from staff and pupils alike.Perfect for your Health Week, A-life workshops are packed full of curriculum and fun and provide excellent value for money with prices from as little as £1.65 per pupil.
Get Healthy. Get Active. Get A-life.